Monday, November 30, 2009

Drunken Maple Apples



  My friend called me tonight looking for my recipe for German Pancakes, which got me thinking," I should make those for dinner," which got me thinking,"ooh wouldn't glazed apples be good on that," which got me looking at the bottle of booze on my counter (don't judge, it was for another recipe, of course!), which got me thinking, "hmm, what if I put the booze in my apples...?" And, voila!  Drunken Maple Apples was born! See what happens when I think too much and there's a bottle of booze around. Anyway,  I smothered my pancake with these babies and blushed a little when my husband caught me licking my plate. Hope you enjoy these as much as I did, and oh, you might want to  make sure you're really alone before you take a lick.

Drunken Maple Apples
Ingredients:
3 large sweet apples, peeled and sliced
5 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup Bourbon Whiskey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
Directions:
Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in skillet over High heat. Add apples and cook about 5 minutes until slightly softened. Remove from pan and set aside. In same skillet carefully pour in Bourbon and cook about 30 seconds (to cook off some of the alcohol). Reduce heat to Med. and add butter, maple syrup and brown sugar. Stir until butter is melted. Add apples back to skillet. Toss well, and cook over Med. heat about 5 minutes more or until soft and syrup is slightly thickened.
Note: These were great over pancakes, but you could try them over ice cream, with ham or pork. Or just eat them out of the pan like I did.


No comments: