Friday, November 13, 2009

Corn Bread Casserole

  Here's the cornbread cass. I served with last night's Jambalaya. It is creamier and sweeter than your average cornbread and pairs well with tomato based dishes like Mexican food or Chilis. I've seen lots of variations on this dish, but this one comes from my good friend, Margarete. Thanks for sharing, girl!
Have a great day, friends!

Corn Bread Casserole

Ingredients:
1- can creamed corn
1- can whole corn, undrained
2-boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix- or 3 cups cornbread mix
2 eggs, beaten
2 sticks butter or margarine
1 pint sour cream

Directions:
Mix all ingredients, pour into 13x9 pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

(Note: I know what your thinking. . . No, this is not a low calorie, low fat dish! I usually serve it when I have  group of people over (so I don't eat the whole thing myself ). You can also bake it in two pans and freeze one for later. It reheats very well.)

No comments: